The Cascade Booksellers Association (CBA) is a non-profit association of professional retail book dealers in the Pacific Northwest who provide a variety of services. Each dealer is independent and offers their own unique inventory which may include general stock in all categories or may focus on one or more specialties. Although each dealer may operate their business with diverse policies, each CBA member is required to conduct their business fairly and honestly.
Benefits of membership include:
- Inclusion in the website directory
- Inclusion in the printed directory
- Website hosting of event information, catalogs, etc.
- Social media promotion throughout the year
- Face-to-face networking with dealers
- Subscription to the CBA listserv: shared expertise, opportunities, information, news
- Educational seminars
- Tours, trips, to places like university special collections, bookstore tours, private collections, etc.
- First round invitation to the Rose City Book & Paper Fair
- Discount to the Rose City Book & Paper Fair
- Opportunity to advertise in the book fair program and/or the annual directory
2019 Management Committee
President: Rachelle Markley, Crooked House Books & Paper
Treasurer: Ed Markiewicz, Montgomery Rare Books & Manuscripts
Secretary: Jody Boyd, Boyd Used & Rare Books
Member-at-Large: Julie Wallace, Wallace Books
Member-at-Large: Rachel Phillips, Burnside Rare Books
Membership Chair: Scott Givens, Browsers’ Bookstore
Marketing Chair & Past President: Amanda Doimas, Backstory Books & Yarn
Book Fair Organizer: Rachelle Markley, Crooked House Books & Paper